Although golf is over 100 years old and has a lot of history and traditions, in recent years the introduction of technology has shaped the way we view and play the game of golf. Through mobile apps, golf software and various tech solutions, information is now right at our fingertips...
Calgary, Alberta (EatSleepGolf) - July 24, 2013 - Eat Sleep Golf announced today the results from their mobile golf app review, identifying the best mobile golf solutions on the market. In a lengthy review process,golf marketing agency Eat Sleep Golf tested and analysed dozens of mobile golf apps and solutions to determine which ones were best for engaging and enhancing the golf experience.
The review process took into consideration app popularity, user reviews and ratings, ease of use, innovation, as well as the overall benefits of the solution. "As a huge fan of both technology and sports, its great to see how these two industry overlap" said Scott Stevens, Director of Innovations at Eat Sleep Golf. "We're constantly looking for the latest and greatest golf products, and none are evolving quicker than the new mobile solutions available to golfers."
1. Swing by Swing - This mobile GPS application and scorecard provides golfers with wealth of insight both on and off the golf course. While on the course, the Swing by Swing mobile app provides golfers with vital yardage stats such as distance to green and hazards. While off the course, it opens up a whole new realm for reviewing statistics, such as scores, greens in regulation, average putts per hole and much more.
Because of it's ease of use and the powerful information it provides, Swing by Swing continues to gain popularity and has already surpassed 2 million downloads. It provides course imagery and stats for over 32,000 golf courses worldwide; and with a zero dollar price tag, Swing by Swing is a must have for any golfer looking to analyse and improve their game. (http://www.swingbyswing.com)
2. Game Golf - Hands down, the most innovative technology to hit the golf market, this wearable technology provides golfers the ability to automatically track their golf rounds without having to manually record a thing. By inserting ball marker sized sensors into the end of each golf club grip, the Game Golf platform is able to seamlessly record scores, average yardage per club, fairways hit, greens in regulation and more. Through their cloud environment, users can then view a visual depiction of all this information online in an ongoing effort to improve their game. (http://www.gameyourgame.com)
3. Golf Now - This app allows golfers to book discounted tee times 24/7 directly from a mobile device. Boasting over 100,000 tee times at over 4,000 courses and resorts across the US, Canada, Ireland, Scotland, Bermuda and Mexico. This is the most effecient and effective way for golfers to gain quick and easy access to discounted tee times. (http://www.golfnow.com)
4. SwingTip - This innovative bluetooth enabled 3D motion sensor device clips onto a golf club and wirelessly transmits real-time golf swing analysis to a mobile device. Using a patent-pending ProView Motion Analysis engine to accurately capture, analyze and digitally reproduce a video-like animation of the users golf swing in three dimensions alongside key performance metrics. Key preformance stats provided include club head speed, swing path, clubface angle, impact zone on club face, swing tempo and more. (http://www.swingtip.com)
5. Golf Channel Mobile App - Keep the golf world at your fingertips with the new Golf Channel Mobile App which allows users to read the latest articles, blogs, and analysis from the game's most knowledgeable insiders. It allows users to follow along with an interactive leaderboard from all major worldwide tours, including the PGA Tour. Excellent app for keeping up to date on the latest news and announcements from around the golf world. (http://www.golfchannel.com)
About Eat Sleep Golf
Eat Sleep Golf is a media and brand development agency focused solely on the golf industry. Through various initiatives, they work with industry partners and clients in an effort to engage the golf community, promote innovative golf brands and essentially grow the game of golf on a global scale. Along with providing golf news through their online network of websites, they also provide brand development services, social media management and public relation services.